Fragments of Hope, Belize
Fragments of Hope is a community-based organization located on the Placencia, Peninsula. Our members include fishers and tour guides and we have an excellent relationship with the Belize Fisheries Department, local conservation organizations and international researchers. Our primary focus is the restoration of coral reef habitats and our mandate encompasses a diversity of objectives that positively contribute to the vision of the organization.
These objectives include:
- Promoting active management solutions for threats to the Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System
- Protecting the ecology and environment of the marine and related ecosystems in Belize;
- Promoting awareness of the ecology and environment of the marine and related ecosystems in Belize;
- Seeking alternative livelihood options to relieve stress or threats to the marine and related ecosystems in Belize.
- Providing education and capacity building for Belizeans in efforts to meet the above objectives.
“The work of Fragments of Hope is of regional importance and has been widely featured by our partners and supporters. Here are a few press features that capture the essence of our work in our communities.”
Coral Reef Restoration by Reef Divers
Re-seeding the Belizean Coral Reefs by San Pedro Sun